Monday 8 August 2011

I Didn't Predict A Riot, But Kaiser Chiefs Did!

So, as you guys may or may not know, there is currently a huge, destructive riot going on here in the UK. It started in London and has now spread to Birmingham!

Why did the riots start?
According to wikipedia, "The disturbances were preceded by the fatal shooting of 29-year-old Mark Duggan by police on 4 August 2011 during a planned arrest in which one officer was injured." A peaceful protest was held on the 6th which slowly turned into a stampede of destruction and chaos. And these riots have now spread to Birmingham!

What action is being taken?

Currently, the police have been trying to stop the thugs but some police officers have ended up injured, and the people continue to loot out the high street stores, stealing HD TVs, mobiles, even bloody shoes from Primark!!! And apparently in Birmingham they are stealing things from the Children's Hospital. THAT IS HEARTLESS OF THEM!


Is the UK safe at this moment?
Honestly? I am not sure, I have no clue whether my friends down south are safe, or whether I'll be safe (then again, i live in a little town, i should be ok). But the riot fever seems to be spreading across Britain, and i'm a little scared.

But that isn't stopping me from going to the gathering. I will be with my parents, and there will be a ton of us at the gathering. Safety in numbers. So, at least I know I am just a smidge safer.

My advice to those who are near any riots.
Stay away from your windows and doors, go to a safe place in your house, remain calm, make sure you have a bit of food with you. Make sure you keep up to date via radio, twitter feed, bbc news.

To all my friends who may be near the destruction of these heartless thugs, please be careful, stay safe <3


No comments: