Wednesday 27 July 2011

My Musical Inspirations

So, in this blog post, I'm going to talk about the musicians and bands I admire.

First of all, I MUST talk about my favourite band in the whole world: Foo Fighters. Ever since I was .... 5 maybe 6, I began to listen to songs by them, and as years went on, I have admired the band, especially the talented Mr Dave Grohl. Their sound has changed a little over the years, but their strong guitar riffs, unique lyrics, and very comical music videos have always stood out. One day, I hope to finally see them live, and if I am very lucky, meet them in person. But then again a girl can dream.

Ingrid Michaelson is also one of my idols. Her soft but quite powerful voice and lyrics stand out from most of the songs on my iPod. Her sound also varies a little bit, but her music is mainly soft and involves piano melodies, guitar melodies and even a ukulele in one of my fave songs by her, "You and I".

Now, you may have heard my latest song "Audio Attitude" right? Well, my inspiration for that was actually deadmau5. Deadmau5 has made amazing dance and electronic tracks. And, after listening to his 2010 album "4x4=12", it gave me inspiration to make my own dance track. So thanks mau5, your little figurine remains on my desk :)

Owl City is my last inspiration. His songs are so positive, so bright and colourful (which basically reminds me of my personality in some ways). And Adam (Owl City) never fails to make an amazing track. I've not heard a track from him that I didn't like. Honestly, his music is so uplifting and bright, i love him so much. I also would love to see him in concert one day.


So, those are my main inspirations, if any other artists become my idols or inspirations, I will write a new post.

Who is your music idol/inspiration? Leave a comment ♥

No comments: